The following promotion is intended for the Greater Memphis area only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C., 21 years or older.
MY UGLY BACKYARD CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE GREATER MEMPHIS AREA, 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on June 9,
To enter the Promotion, entrants must
1. Visit and “Like” FrontDoor’s Facebook page (Facebook.com/listyourfrontdoor) (the “Facebook” page) and “follow” FrontDoor on Instagram (www.instagram.com/_frontdoor/) (“Instagram”). Entrant must also upload a photo and/or video explaining why they have the ugliest backyard. Entrant must tag FrontDoor in a post and use the hashtag #MyUglyBackyard.Finalist (3), must share their entry photo/video and encourage their friends and followers to like & share as well. Only likes and shares of FrontDoor’s original post will be counted.
Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the Website.
There is a limit of one (1) entry, per valid email address, per eligible person. All entries must be received by the end time and date (detailed below) of the respective Entry Period to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
Entry Periods Start Time/Date End Time/Date Announcement Date
General Submission: 8:00 a.m. CST on 6/9/17 – 11:59 p.m. CST on 6/18/17 – 6/19/27
Final 3: 12:00 a.m. CST on 6/19/17 – 11:59 p.m. ET on 6/29/17
Grand Prize Announcement 8:00 a.m. CST on 6/30/17
ALL DATES SET FORTH IN THE CHART ABOVE AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO EXTENSION OR CHANGE IN SPONSOR’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.
If more than one (1) entry is received, only the first one (1) entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the Greater Memphis area, who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date, except employees, agents and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors.
4. Limitations of Liability: FrontDoor, INC. (“Sponsor”) and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winner will be Determined: One (1) potential winner will be chosen based upon the combined number of likes and shares their entry receives by the deadline. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
6. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at
7. Prize: Grand Prize: The one (1) winner of the Grand Prize announcement (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive: $250 gift card to Lowe’s (Lowe’s is not a sponsor of this contest), a one (1) time complete lawn acre service provided by XXXX, a wood burning fire pit, Outdoor Living Design Book and Signed copy of, Property Value Maximizer provided by Pearle Staging & Design, LLC, a FrontDoor Gift Box and any other winnings to be determined by Sponsor. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $1,106.
Finalist Prize: Each of twelve (3) finalist will receive a $10 Gift Card and a FrontDoor T-Shirt.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s responsibility.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these
9. Winner List: Beginning on or about July 29,
10. Sponsor: FrontDoor, Inc, 88 Union Ave. Memphis, TN 38103